View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTHA View Post
I own both a Miata and a Boxster and I gotta say a stock Miata vs a stock Boxster on a twisty road or on a track the Boxster will always win. The Boxster has a better suspension, better brakes, wider wheels and tires, a wider track and need I say more power.

Miata’s may be easier to go fast in (the go-cart effect), but can a Miata outrun a Boxster down a canyon road, I think it all depends on who is driving the Miata and who is driving the Boxster.

All said, its more satisfying to pass a Boxster in a Miata than to pass a Miata in a Boxster because we all know who has the upper hand.
As I said, with equal tires. The Miata is lighter and lower than the Boxster and is mostly hindered by it's skinny tires.

When I first got my Boxster I was disappointed with how it handled corners vs. my Miata. It turned in as well or better but it's ultimate grip was hurt by the extra weight vs. tire patch ratio. My Miata had Hankook 225 width RS3's which are basically race tires pretending to be street tires.

Last edited by Disaster; 10-11-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote