View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #9
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Thanks Gilles, so with a 1" drop, we run out of toe adjustment (unless we want to scrub rear tires and wear them out like super crazy!)

I've got the same set, the rennline with bump steer adjustment and locking plates.

I've heard nothing but good about the KW-V3, how are you liking them?
Steve,

Time sure flies, as I had the KW-V3's for 9+ years and about 90k miles!

I will be removing them soon and send them to KW for a rebuild as the front ones started to feel a little soft, KW quoted between $180-200 per shock which after all these miles I can't complain.

The good: I really like the fact that you can adjust the compression and rebound separately so you can dial the suspension (if you really know what you are doing) which I don't... LOL

The bad: I don't like is the fact that on the Cayman, you have to remove the rear speakers to adjust the rebound, also the compression adjuster is at the bottom of the struts making it difficult to reach.

If I had the money I would have purchased the JRZ's instead but those cost way more than twice the cost of the KW-V3's

IMHO, for the price, the KW-V3 are a great deal (but you may want to check the KW Clubsports)
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote