View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8snow View Post
2001 Boxster S Seal Grey
Not daily driver, just nice day driver

-The Test pipes delete the secondary cats not both, so no need to worry about the o2 sensor or CEL?
On 2000-2004 there are two sets of cats - the first is integrated into the "headers", the second is in the mid pipes after the first set of cats and before the muffler. You can delete this with no CEL concerns, since only the first set of cats is monitored by the OBDII system.

I personally have the "Topspeed" cat delete pipes. I like them

Quote:
-There was mention somewhere of a "Flexible crossbar" that could be loosened to negate the need to remove the rear bumper during muffler install, can someone expand on this or point me in a direction?
In my opinion that is crazy talk It is sooo much easier to take the bumper off, and it really doesn't take that long. I was afraid to do it for the longest time due to the spoiler rivets of all reasons, but it was very easy.

If You were thinking of doing a spoiler decal, this would be a great time to do it. Much easier when the spoiler is off.

I did the Beluga racing exhaust, I am liking it pretty good too.

Quote:
Searched to find an all encompassing thread on exhaust but didn't get there....

Car/Background..
2001 Boxster S Seal Grey
Not daily driver, just nice day driver
Looking for nice growl, not "tuner" sound

My plan so far...

Topped cat back muffler
Topped test pipes
Easy clamps

Questions I feel as if I need clarification for...

-The Test pipes delete the secondary cats not both, so no need to worry about the o2 sensor or CEL?

-If they delete both sets of cats, how problematic has it been?

-There was mention somewhere of a "Flexible crossbar" that could be loosened to negate the need to remove the rear bumper during muffler install, can someone expand on this or point me in a direction?

Thanks in advance!

Sound clips of anyone running this set-up would be worth 10 internets to anyone
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote