View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #4
Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need_for_speed View Post
2. The 986 is a $20,000 car. Regardless of what you paid for it at the outset, you will spend a minimum of $20k on this car. I helped a friend buy a 986 (one of those same friends who drove mine). I warned him. He paid $12K, and immediately put another $5K into it. The next round will cost him around $3K. Pay it now, or pay it later. It's a $20K car.
Any car can eventually be a $20k car. You have to decide where to stop. I stopped at an additional $4k in...many of the upgrades not really necessary, like new visors and a stereo upgrade.

Quote:
4. Exactly 257 people have told me I own a hairdresser's car. I am told this at stoplights, in parking lots, and at the gas station. My response is always the same: I bend over laughing, slap my knee, and say "That's hilarious...never heard that one before!"
Not once. Did used to take occasional crap when I drove a Miata...often from guys driving Corollas or something likewise boring.

Quote:
5. Exactly 118 people have told me my car is not a real Porsche because it's not a 911. No. It's not a 911. It's better.
Not once.

Quote:
7. Speaking of trucks, I'm tired of fat, gap-toothed rednecks in beat up Dodge Ramchargers coming up to me at the gas station and asking me if I want to trade cars.
Happens with all kinds of cars and trucks. Take it as a compliment.

Quote:
8. Everyone wants to drag race. Everyone. Minivans. Camrys. It's ridiculous. Mustangs are the worst.
There is definitely heightened aggression occurring with a lot of other drivers. I see a lot more people flooring it when I pop around them to pass than I do in when driving a Prius. Pickups and Chrysler Hemi's are the worst offenders.

Quote:
9. In all my other cars, I would listen to music or news while driving. I have never turned on the radio in this car. I don't even know if it works.
Love my radio upgrade. The stock radio was horrible.

Quote:
10. One last thing: I cannot walk away from this car in the parking lot without looking back. Just can't do it.
Quilty.
Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote