View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #671
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Saturday started out great! I scrubbed in a set of new tires in the morning practice and then went out and qualified 2nd! I had a lot of anticipation for a good race.

Then I screwed up.

The weather was fairly hot in the afternoon so I set up my cool shirt system and when I filled the reservoir with ice and water, it seems that I forgot to strap it down. Fast forward a bit and when I hit the brakes for the first time on the out lap (before the race start), the cool shirt reservoir shoots across the passenger side like a rocket.

Oh crap. I can't start the race with the reservoir flying around every time that I accelerate, brake, or turn, so I pull off just before the start and hastily strap it down in the infield parking lot. While doing this, I hear the race start - and I'm not in it.

At this point, I'd like to reach around and kick myself in the ass, but you gotta let these things go and move on or you'll never get your head straight for the rest of the day. So, I pull back into the garage to wait for the second race on Saturday...
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote