View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #670
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

"Racing is life".

There is a lot of truth in that statement. Here are the ups and downs of racing last weekend;

On Friday, I attended the High Performance Driving University (HPDU) event as a practice day in prep for the weekend races and paid extra for professional coaching. HPDU keeps attendance low (40 or so drivers) and has open track all day (7 hours) so there are no run groups or sessions; you can go out as often and for as long as you like.

I did four 30 min sessions and reviewed video with the driving coach in-between sessions. The coaching was excellent! I often get to a point where I am not sure exactly what to try next to improve my lap times.

The coach worked with me to find three corners where he made suggestions on how to approach them differently with the ultimate goal of taking 0.3 sec off my time per corner. Three corners at 0.3 sec improvement would yield an overall improvement of about a second per lap.

Of course, this didn't happen in one day, I will have to continue to work at the new approach and perfect it - then it will hopefully yield the results that I am looking for.

I have video but I'm not going to post it quite yet for competitive reasons. Let's move onto Saturday...
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote