View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 PM   #19
Gelbster

My comments relate to the 6 speed only. That is the G8620 only.Somehow my earlier post #3 got buried so here it is for the other 6 speeders who are bewildered by all this 5-speed only data.
78F350
Thank you for the helpful diagram. There are numbers and codes scattered all over the 6 speed transmission.They are hard to see on the car but I have 2 on the bench now so have a little guide to what may be significant numbers from mine.This may help others know where to look.Some of these may be part(Getrag?) numbers.
First - I found nothing on top of the Bellhousing -as shown in the diagram above so perhaps that applies only to older or 5 speed gearboxes??.
1.Underneath the trans , just behind the axle shafts ,on the same side as the shifter,just by the lower counterweight = G86201031713. This is the important #
2. also on the shifter side just beneath the axle shaft = Getrag Made in Germany 256.0.0102.91
On the opposite side
3. on the side of the gearbox case = +GF+WD 21561
4. underneath the axle shaft = 4571.1..1./02
5. by the clutch bellhousing = 292.0.0168.90
This is from the newer of the 2 transmissions I have on the bench.
If anyone can decipher all these numbers ,it would be interesting.
And as far as I have read , the Boxster S did not have LSD, not even an option but could be retrofit - see link below:No not even option # M224 ?
Did LSD come standard on the 986 Boxster? - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Community
Porsche Boxster - 1997-2004 - Boxster - RennTech.org Community
JFP will correct any mistakes I hope:-) because I am not an expert on these transmissions.
Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote