View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #25
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
... The hardtop alone is worth a big part of your purchase price!
Actually the hardtop is from one of my other cars, this one came without. I did get hardtops with This and That.

Today I ran the car for a while around the driveway and removed the carpet.

As I was running it the check engine light eventually came back. It was both cam sensors again. I found a cam sensor from my scrapped engine and replaced the one on the front left to see if it would change anything. I ran the car again. This time no sign of cam sensor problems, but some misfire codes came up. On an early run, I had misfires only on bank 1. Now they are only on bank 2. It could be serious, but because it runs decent most of the time and the codes are so inconsistent, I think the next step should be to check or replace the plugs and coils. Rick plans on having a pro check the engine over, so really my concern at this point it to do no harm rather than get everything perfect. Time to start stripping out Rick's racecar.
Run 1 today:

Run 2:

(Using a cheap ELM327 BT reader with "OBD Fusion" app)

Stripping out the carpet

Not too hard to do, but I cheated and cut it at the gas pedal (cable going up to dash) and back end (heavy electric cable to engine) to make it easier. It's pretty straightforward. Pry stuff off gently and look for screws before you go beyond gentle. Wayne has a good Tech Article on the Pelican site that gives the details.

A short break from the carpet at sunset.

Tomorrow I plan to pull out the rest of the mechanism for the top (arms, motor, and transmissions).
I will probably strip out the doors and airbags too. I expect that the write-up of that will be pretty boring. Maybe we can skip it. The next exciting part for me is going to be when I line up my four Arctic Silver 99s and figure out what parts should be swapped to where. There will be pics.