View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 08:03 PM   #8
Meir
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggo View Post
Excuse my ignorance ,but what is a ROW tune ?
Rest Of the World. As in enywhere but the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
That switch also is used to allow blipping the throttle under braking and to disable the cruise control when the clutch is depressed. Both of these still work with the ROW code.
Not correct. The switch you are talking about is different.
The cultch pedal activates two switches. The one you are talking about that looks exactly as the brake switch, and another one to interrupt the starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
Did a search and couldn't find an answer:

I'm old school and totally hate the clutch safety switch (requiring you to push the clutch pedal to start the car) Years ago, I had some small pickup trucks with this switch and I just pulled the switch wires and wired them together and never had any other issues do to that 'fix" When I'm working on the car and need to start the engine, I have to get into the car then press the clutch to start. I'd rather just reach into the car, turn the key and start the engine. (I know the purpose of the switch and why it's there (forced safety) and I always park with the transaxle in neutral so starting in gear isn't an issue.

Has anyone permanently disabled the switch by affixing both wires together without any other issues popping up?

thanks
Larry
Hi Larry.
You can do that with no issues at all.
The wires are connected to the switch via spade connectors.
Just pull them from the switch and connected them to each other.
I drove my car like that for over a week (until a got a new switch to replace a faulty one) with no issue at all.
Meir is offline   Reply With Quote