View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOGUY
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with their clutch pedal not wanting to come up from the floor intermittenly? This happened 2 times in the last week... I am getting worried. The clutch still works fine when pedal depressed. When I let up it stayed down after releasing... car moving and operating fine. I then reached down and pulled the pedal up and it sprang back to normal position and operation. What could this be? Does the pedal have direct linkage or is it hydrolic.. ie. cable or what?
I can remember a VW I had years back the clutch cable went and the pedal stuck to the floor. This is just like the pedal doesnt want to return to the up position. It has only happened when I was starting either in 1st or reverse. This hasnt happened on a gear change... quick in and out of the clutch.

What should I do?
Thanks in advance!

Hi,

It sounds like a bad Clutch Master Cylinder to me, although it could also be the busings and linkage in the pedal, might need greasing. When was the last time you bled your Brakes/Clutch? This should be done every two years as the Brake Fuid absorbs moisture which can impede the Clutch operation as well as corrode the Master and Slave cylinders causing their seals to fail. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote