Thread: Pads and fluid
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #4
Racer Boy
Racer Boy

I have used EBC Redstuff at one track day, and they faded pretty quickly. If you back off a bit, they do come back, but at least at the track I was running at (Pacific Raceways near Seattle), they weren't up to the task. It was the pads, not the brake fluid, because the pedal remained firm the entire time.

Like most things, finding a good compromise is tough. Good track pads will be noisy and dusty on the street, and good street pads won't cut it on the track. Looking at the EBC product chart, it looks like either green or blue pads are the way to go.

I also bought my Boxster for track days, and am very frustrated with it. It has a problem with creating giant smoke bombs in left handers. Do a search, and you'll find plenty of information on this known issue (along with oil-starvation issues on long left hand turns). You would think that Porsche would have something fundamental to performance driving like this figured out, but no, that isn't the case. I have lots of racing experience, so it's frustrating to have a car that has such limitations designed in, when it should be a great car on the track.
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote