View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 07:21 AM   #11
jsceash

Garage
When you start to do this type of work you really should look into a lift. I am not criticizing anyone's efforts with this post. I am merely noting the time saving and or safety of using a lift which are relatively inexpensive when you start comparing the time savings and safety working under the car. I will add that I've had my motor/trans out 3 times. Transmission alone 5 or 6. Changing tires and brakes is an hour chore

This is not a criticism just a comparison I admire what some of the members are doing with minimal equipment. If you look in the pictures Bypordriver has remove allot of hardware to remove the motor at that height. Both suspension frames, both axles, rear bumper, bumper shields, exhaust, Inner fenders, ETC. This is going to require a complete alignment post install. My guess is he has at 10 hours removing on his back and a similar amount to install.

With a lift it possible to remove or install an engine/trans in 3-4 hours. None of that needs removed except exhaust. The Suspension can remain intact so no alignment post repair. Remove Front motor bottom plastic cover. Intake tubing TB and rear cross tube, Disconnecting ECU harness through trunk fire wall, Oil fill tube, water return from oil cooler, Dip stick tube, + Battery cable from front motor terminal, Ground from Air pump, Air Pump and Fan Plugs, Triangle cover and diagonal braces, mid cross members. Unbolt axles from trans (they can stay), Shift cables, and clutch Hyd. line, Fuel lines and PS lines to connectors on under body, 4 Water line and drain water, Sway bar and rear frame hoop. Lower the car on top of your dolly or to raised jack(s). Unbolt motor mount and trans mount. Lift car slowly while also dropping motor/trans jack. AC pump can be suspended on top of engine cover lip, At about 30-36" your totally free to roll motor/trans out on the jack(s).

Trans Is about 2-3 hours. Remove Mid pipes and muffler, bottom aluminum diagonal brace and triangle pan, Sway bar and rear frame hoop. Shift cables, Clutch Hyd tube, Trans reverse plug. Unbolt trans-bell, and Axles. Brace the rear of motor. Raise Trans jack to trans. remove trans mounts. Pry/ wiggle the trans back, Drop trans on the jack 18-24" clearance required roll it out on you jack/dolly
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote