View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 05:53 AM   #6
jb92563

My 01 "S" was 15k in 2013 with 55k miles. I figure its worth ~$12 now with 75k miles.

I think the prices will still drop a bit to say $8K with 80k miles over the next 5 years but after that they will likely hold and start to rise as the supply starts to dry up a bit.

A roller with blown engine still goes for about 3-$4K as a parts car and racer platform. Adding a used 80K miles engine to it is about 3-$4K so I don't see the price dropping much below the 6-$8k point.

Typically the "S" is selling for 2k more than the base but it seems like the gap is growing lately due to demand.

As far as the HP/torque difference you will notice this forum stuffed with mods to get 5 hp here and 10 hp there and people spending well in excess of $2k to get more power. Why do you think that is?
Never heard anyone say a Boxster is overpowered!
Watch the racing videos of Boxsters coming out of a turn onto a straight.
I rest my case.

I may be biased but I test drove both a 2.7 and the 3.2 Boxster and the difference was huge to me. Its truly the torque and not the HP that you will notice most in street driving anyway so compare the Torque numbers for a better idea of what to expect.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote