View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
TypeA
Rookie

Garage
Name that part and replacement options

While replacing my power steering pump I managed to break the accordion-looking tube going into the top of the AOS. When I had the car towed in for a flush he told me not to feel too bad, when they have 100k+ miles on them the heat makes them really brittle and they can be broke simply by looking at them wrong. Anyway, he tried to heat shrink wrap but admitted he couldnt get the heat gun under the line and recommended wrapping it in tape. That seemed to have worked for about 150 miles and now I am throwing P1128 and P1130 codes and idle is now 900 when it used to be 750 and rock-steady after my recent AOS replacement. Yeah, May has been an interesting month, filled with smiles and frowns as I get something fixed, finally get to drive my car for a day or two and something else goes wrong. Nothing that shouldnt be expected for my milage but recent repairs are starting to give me a little financial squeeze...:ah:

He mentioned that tube is over priced, is there no other option besides replacing it with the Porsche part? If not can someone give a part name or number for that tube? As always thanks and any advice is appricated.