View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #27
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisZenithBlue View Post
RS3's are going on the front today so i will have a complete set all around. Yaay!

will do a break flush with Motul 600 tomorrow and an alignment sometime next week.

i was thinking.. i should be fine for a first time with the street pads right? they are only around 3.000 miles old all around.
or do i REALLY need track pads like EBC?

i know it depends on my driving style and this first time around i will be focusing on car control, being smooth and getting a good race line, i wont mash the breaks in each corner that's for sure.

what do you guys think?
I ran my first few track days on the stock pads and they were fine. Then at Road Atlanta I used up about half of my fronts in one event , and I also melted my front brake sensors, and a brake light came on as I was braking into turn 10A going down the hill after the back straight. I *knew* I had plenty of brake pad but I still pitted to visually check them all. After that I moved to the EBC Red and also ditched the sensors (cut the wires and taped the ends together)

If your pads are newish and greater than 50% you would most likely be fine, once pads get below 50% they can allow a lot more heat into the braking system, and also they heat up more which can cause them to wear more quickly.

EBC Red is a good dual street/intro track pad, but when this current set wears out I am moving up to something else (Yellow?) since I don't do much street driving anymore.

I've never been to PBIR so I don't know if it has a reputation for being hard on brakes.

Have fun! Take pictures and make a report when you get back!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote