View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 AM   #3
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
Question 1: They didn't cause problems (rubbing) with the Michelin Sport Alpin winter tires, but do you think they could cause me grief at the track with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 ? (I'm still in Green run group).
Winter tires tend to have more tread than a summer tire so if you didn't have any rubbing with those, I would expect that the PS2's should be ok - but with tires its very hard to know for sure until you actually try it. I'd install them and give them a good hard drive somewhere local - and even that is no guarantee but its about all you do to know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
Question 2: Any disadvantages to this setup, either to the car or to the handling?
All advantages! The extra track and reduced stagger (from 40mm to 30mm) should improve handling by improving corner turn in and reducing mid-corner understeer. The rear should remain well planted. It won't be a huge change, but it is certainly a change in the right direction.

As Jay mentioned, getting a little bit stickier performance tire will also help.

I would expect this to be a setup that will drive well and give you confidence in the car's handling.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote