View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:06 AM   #1
cornontherob

Garage
Help! Key broken

So this morning I went for a drive and got out and locked the car. My boxster only has a valet key right now because that’s all the previous owner ever had. So I’ve gotten used to using the valet key to both start the car and to lock and unlock the car.

So this morning when I locked the car by turning it to the right, it didn’t go back to the starting position. It stopped at about 45 degrees and wouldn’t let me continue to the full 90 degrees to the position that it can be taken out of. So my keys are stuck. Great. To make matters worse, it looks like the previous owner had the metal part of the valet key separate from the plastic part in the past, so it was glued together. So the plastic part separated from the metal part.

My question is how to solve this. Does the physical lock in the car connect to the immobilizer? Does the key have an RFID chip in it that unlocks? Could it be possible that the contacts separated from the metal and the car wouldn’t let it out? Both locks are locked, and my local car repair shops never have any clue what to do around a Porsche. Any ideas?
cornontherob is offline   Reply With Quote