View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #13
steved0x

I got a start on it last night but stopped just short of starting to pull the bearing due to supper time.

For the fronts, I:
  1. Remove the speed sensor wire
  2. Removed the brake calipers and hung them using a S shaped caliper holder
  3. Removed the rotor.
  4. Removed 1 of my 5 studs (to clear the SIR tool puller later)
  5. Removed the previously loosened axle nut.
  6. Disconnected the tie rod end (pop - my first chance to use a ball joint tool)
  7. Removed the sway bar link lower end
  8. Removed the sway bar link upper end
  9. REmoved the previously loosened axle nut
  10. Slid the wheel carrier down the strut. I got stopped right before I was able to remove the stub axle. I need to slide the wheel carrier down a little more so the stub axle will clear the strut, but to do that I think I need to loosen the LCA inner end, and to do that I have to slide under the car and remove the front underbelly panels. Supper was ready so I didn't get to finish last night.

I think I can do the job with the front wheel carrier still on the car, just slid down enough so the stub axle can fit out the back. I'll find out tonight That would be good since I don't have a good vise to hold everything in, I need it on the car so the suspension can hold it in place.

Or... the KSports look like they may hang down less than the factory strut, so I may replace th strut first and button everything back up before doing the wheel bearing.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote