View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 01:32 PM   #4
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Awesome. Where did you get the screen material?

These drain plugs have become an issue. Last year I had two inches under the passenger seat and carpeting behind the seat was always wet.
\

What I did was bought a stainless strainer basket from Walmart. Couple bucks and plenty of material. Cut the strainer into 2 pieces and used a 1/2" bolt as a form. I then formed the screen around the bolt into a mushroom shape. cut the stem end down to about an inch of length. You can then pull a bunch of loose strands from the stem piece so it fits down into the drain. The mushroom end keeps leaves off the drain and now I have not found water up to the brake booster anymore! Well when it does rain!

The design is not the best IMHO. The foam tray merely guides the water to the actual drain bucket under it, and that of course overflows right into the passenger compartment and you can't see what is really in the actual drain. In my case there was an acorn in there that was a perfect stopper. I now have the drain covers that should keep everything nice and clean.

Last edited by 911monty; 04-13-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: edit
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote