View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 09:19 AM   #199
steved0x

Here is the most excellent installation guide by insite, thank you!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=87DEE47565AEC1EA!6808&authkey=!APAOaRSGAdVXA1E&ithint=file%2czip

Code:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=87DEE47565AEC1EA!6808&authkey=!APAOaRSGAdVXA1E&ithint=file%2czip
If the link doesn't work, holler at me, I am sharing it from my One Drive.

Thanks,

Steve

For the two documents that show a picture of the top plates:

Fronts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite View Post
the drawing below shows the two settings i tried on the front camber plates. the setting on the left is 2/5 of the way between center and the next largest hash mark. the setting on the right is dead center.

the camber range available to me using the FACTORY adjusters with the ksports set as shown are:

Left Drawing
Min Camber = -1.1 deg
Max Camber = -1.9 deg

Right Drawing
Min Camber = -1.8 deg
Max Camber = -2.5 deg

since i track my car, i have set front camber to -1.6. for a street car, i recommend a setting between -0.8 and -1.2. unless you need more than -1.7deg camber up front, leave the KSport camber plates exactly in the middle (factory setting).
Backs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite View Post
usually, lowering the boxster makes it difficult to set proper camber in back and still get a good toe setting. because of this, lowered boxsters usually suffer from excessive rear camber. this is frequently corrected with aftermarket toe links.

ksport tried to provide a remedy for this. i THOUGHT i needed to use the 'less camber' setting (shown on right below) to dial some camber out. i was wrong; either by design or by accident, the center setting is pretty much perfect. i was able to get my toe in spec with as little as -1.5deg camber in back.

here are the camber ranges i could set at the concentrics on the control arms with the KSport plates in the positions shown.

Left Drawing
Min Camber = -1.1 deg
Max Camber = -2.2 deg

Right Drawing
Min Camber = -0.6 deg
Max Camber = -1.3 deg

for street cars and light track duty cars, use the center (left drawing) setting. if your car is strictly track & you use R-Comps and want more than -2.2deg camber in back, then use the third setting that is not shown (slid all the way up in the drawing).

Last edited by steved0x; 05-04-2016 at 09:49 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote