View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 03:45 PM   #28
jdlmodelt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
Well if the IMS bearing was just changed, then I wouldn't think the rear main seal would be leaking. This is because the RMS is directly above the IMS bearing. So if it was leaking when they changed the IMS then they would have changed the seal as well. I would bet that the IMS has not been changed. Furthermore the heavy feeling clutch is most likely due to it being on its last legs. Most of the time the clutch, IMS and RMS are replaced at the same time since most of the labor is taking the transmission off to get to all these parts. These issues alone would make me walk away from this car, not to mention all of the others.
I've noticed that my 99 clutch feels heavier than any other vehicle I have owned. After nearly 3 years, my clutch is fine, just heavy.

I am concerned that you still have an oil seep from the main crank seal or something else. See if you can find out who did the IMS replacement and verify with them. As times are tough in Colorado with the low oil/gas prices and the oil/gas industry is suffering, so are the vehicle repair shops and they charged for everything. They are short business, expendable income spenders. Some of the stuff they listed may be borderline or illegit. Just saying.

I bought mine from a Denver Dealer three years ago and the climate didn't jack with any of my hardware.
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote