View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 09:54 AM   #1
TNT79Bronco
More of a truck guy

Front Hood won't open (sometimes) - Saved my manual release cable

I have a crazy, intermittent problem with the opening of my front hood. SOMETIMES, when I press the button on my remote OR the switch on the driver's side by the seat, the front hood won't pop up. It sometimes sounds like the mechanism is trying to work, but it doesn't release, even if I apply upward pressure. Other times, it works just fine. I am not convinced the mechanism is bad, because sometimes it pops up normal.

The rear trunk works fine and has never given me trouble.

I think it has something to do with the alarm system. Because sometimes, when I try to open it via remote or the switch, I get two quick "beeps" from the horn, and the red light next to the "lock" button on the dash illuminates. So when the red light is lit, I know it isn't going to work.

I also think it has something to do whether or not I try to open the hood, when the vehicle is locked.

Anybody experience this type of behavior?

OH....and for those of you that haven't relocated the manual release cable behind the tow hook opening...shame on you!!! Best decision I ever made. Mine was located behind the passenger side head light. It is soooooooooooooo easy to remove the headlight and reposition the cable.