View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 06:30 AM   #10
steved0x

Here is a video of a Cayman with an oil pressure gauge installed in the sport chrono center dashboard display. You have to watch in HD to see it, that needle is moving around like crazy too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz3Uf5XrqP4

I have a couple of experiments I am going to perform:
  • Street driving on 300TW street summer tires and watch the oil pressure gauge
  • Possibly install a second oil pressure sender somewhere else and see what it says, and compare it with the one that is on the passenger valve cover. I have a sandwich plate for accusump, I could put the gauge there.
  • Maybe go ahead an mount the accusump, and put a pressure sender on the air side instead of the dial that is there. Use that to compare readings.

I'm telling you, if you were in the car and felt how gentle these right turns out you would be amazed. If I had a G-meter I guarantee I would be at way less than 1 G. Even my fastest laps at Road Atlanta are only in the 2:03 range. That leads me to wishfully think there is some issue with the reading.

I wonder if the 996 oil pressure gauge in the cluster is buffered? They read the oil from a similar point on the driver side. Or if it moves with every little change in RPM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote