View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #9
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlirium View Post
I changed to the Potenza RE-71r's (rules for AX changed from a 100 compound to a 200 compound for my class). I did not have the tires heat cycled, just did it on the track myself. They did need a little heat to get the best out of them. Not the best AX tires cold, but loved them on the track.

VERY noisy (i don't care), and as you said, rather expensive. If my boxster was a dedicated track car, I'd probably buy them again. But with the AX use, I'm hoping the RE-71r's are a good compromise...
The Re-71 is the hot tire right now in autocross that's for sure, apparently it has grip levels like an r-comp and heats up quick and gets to max grip in the context of short autocross runs.

This year for autocross I am going to run in STU with my Boxster on a set of 18" Cayman S replica wheels with 225/??/18 front (the standard size) and a set of 245/40/18 Hankook RS3 that I had kicking around, they actually came on the fronts when I bought the Cayman wheels... I am not competitive anyway but I have to keep 255 or under to run in STU so I will get a chance to use these tires that came with the wheels. If not for STU I would be in ASP (because of mods to my Boxster) and there is never anybody in that group....
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote