Thread: Buyer question
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
You're not encouraging me much. The car is in Sierra Vista, AZ - far from any Porsche service. I do agree that sellers information is unreliable. Sound to me like I should just pay a little more for a running car.
Sorry, I don't mean to be discouraging - but I do mean to be realistic. The reality is that there is a lot of risk in buying a non-running Porsche.

It all comes down to how comfortable you are with that risk. Some people are willing to take the chance and some are not. No one can tell you (including me) exactly what you are really getting into. Could be easy - could be a nightmare - most likely to be somewhere in between - but no one can say for sure.

There isn't any right answer.

Is there any chance that the owner will let you pay to have the car flatbedded to a shop for an inspection? This might be the best $500-$700 that you could spend because it would tell you exactly what you're getting into.

The one thing I can say is that if you do decide to jump in, the folks on this forum will help you every step of the way. The knowledge and helpfulness here is unmatched and unrivaled (IMHO).
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 02-16-2016 at 07:15 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote