View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
Biz-z Z

I haven't read all of the posts to this saga, so forgive me if I am repeating some advice. If you really want to know if it is the tires and wheels, it seems that smith above is on to something here in termporarily swapping out wheels and tires. My suggestion is the same but with a twist. Test drive another 987 or S , preferably an 05 from your dealer's lot or another dealer's. If no shimmy, ask to swap those wheels/tires onto your car and take it on the same test route, the same speed. If yours continues to shimmy, think about how far you want to chase this. I would be thinking about abandoning ship, and probably for a trade on that 987 you just tested.

In the alternative, you could keep your eyes pealed for another cpo 987 elsewhere for a swap or better yet, go totally into the financial red and look at a 996S or 997SCab. As good as a Bimmer 330 is, it's no Porsche. It's only cashflow. At the moment, I'm trying to talk my daughter into dropping out of college so I can head for a 997S Cab myself! .

Sorry to hear of this niggling ongoing problem. Owning any sports car should be fun. Owning a Porsche should be fantastic.

Good luck.