View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 05:02 PM   #4
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I have not and wouldn't know how to start. Perhaps this hardness is a key difference and is why some say the 987 part is better...?

Edit: these are monoballs and not a regular bushing. I discovered tonight that if I put a small bolt in I can get it to move. There is more resistance than my old shot ones that flopped around however. I am guessing they work in a different way and the resistance is different...
Well don't know if it's too late, but I believe you have both a 986 and a 987 arm? While it would be subjective is it possible to compare the deflection resistance between the two using a test similar to your bolt test? I'm kinda wondering if this monobail is the difference also.

Steve; Just went over your writeup again and noticed something I hadn't noticed on the original read. The bolt you identified as being upside down,IS. The reason it is installed with the nut on bottom is so that if the nut were to fall off, the bolt would still be in place. With nut on top if nut falls off bolt also falls out.

Last edited by 911monty; 01-07-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: 1818
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote