View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
steved0x

What seats? Do you have side brackets already. I have a big pile of side mounts, sliders, and 9x6 floor adapters, I can probably hook you up with either sliders or direct floor mounting.

If woody has any OEM sliders for sale that is a good route to to go as well, but they require side brackets with a cutout (like the Brey Krause side brackets) since the OEM slider mechanism sticks up.

OEM sliders let you slide back a tiny bit more than recaro type sliders, and the OEM sliders are around 1/2" to 3/4" higher. For max headroom, non eom sliders are the way to go. For max legroom, OEM sliders (although you can mount the side mount to the slider in different spots to favor short or tall legroom). For max head and legroom, floor mounting. My driver seat is floor mount, pax is on recaro sliders.

Edit: My notes are for HPDE driving, if you are club racing then you may be restricted to Fia or other certified combinations of mounts and sliders. I think that I one reason OEM sliders are popular for that, since they are OEM.porsche.

Last edited by steved0x; 12-31-2015 at 02:47 PM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote