View Single Post
Old 12-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #400
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Back to oil starvation.... I decided to go with a 2 qt deep sump and the EBS X-51 style baffle to reduce the risk of oil starvation. I looked at the Accusump kits and I am still not convinced that they address the oil starvation issue any better than a deep sump while the cost and installation effort for the Accusump system is quite a bit higher.

I started with Pedro's TechnoSump kit which includes everything needed except the EBS baffle; sump extension, oil pickup extension, oil return extensions, horizontal baffle, vertical baffle spacers, longer sump bolts, sump sealant, and MOST IMPORTANT, a sealant tube winder/key so I can get the dang sealant out of the tube!

Thanks to Steve (steved0x) for the EBS baffle. Even though I already have an EBS baffle in my car, having having another one let me build up the entire assy prior to dropping my sump.

As you can see, the horizontal baffle is pre-cut for the factory sump baffle not the EBS unit. Thus, I will have to do a little modding of the horizontal baffle (see pen lines in last photo) so the EBS unit mounts flush on top of the horizontal baffle. This means enlargement of the pickup/return area and cut outs for the orange rubber coated oil dams.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote