View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #7
RandallNeighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
I will wait... I'm doing the backs over Christmas, no rush for the fronts but want to do in the spring.

There is this:

Porsche 986 987 Boxster & Boxster S 97-12 Adjustable Front Tension Rods #6435 - Top Speed Pro 1 Performance

Not much more expensive (I think that pricing is for a pair)

But then we would have to figure some way to clip on the front brake cooling ducts.
Avoid these. Had them on my car and they're a) heavy b) can become noisy and c) the weld broke after I removed them and the next owner attempted to install them.

Top Speed makes these adjustable control arms for cars with coilovers to get them into factory alignment and they're cheap Chinese knock-offs, not good quality race parts that cost 2x what the OEM factory parts cost and are made with billet aluminum.

What I finally did was to buy low mileage ones from Woody (itsnotanova) for $25 each. If I have to swap them out in a year or two with other low mileage salvage parts I'm OK with that. Lord knows the new OEM factory ones might only last two years with the crappy rubber they use in the bushings, so what's the difference?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote