View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 05:43 AM   #103
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Actually I was just checking my Amazon and *both* the 986 and 987 came in stock and got shipped... my plan was to cancel one after the other one shipped.. They are both supposed to be here by tomorrow, so I can take some pictures post and see if we can figure out the differences...

Steve
They got here last night, I don't have a picture but I took then out of the box and lined them up. The end with the rubber bushing part looks the same on both, and the other end looks the same as well. The only differences seem to be:
  • The 987 part has a different bend around the fork looking end.
  • The distance between the bolts holes do not appear to line up exactly (but I want to test once I have some bolts or something that fit the holes exactly) - the 987 holes appear to be maybe 1mm further (a very tiny amount) apart than the 986 part. I will be able to tell once I get a couple of bolts that are the right size to fill the holes, it may be just that my eyeball lining up didn't match. Edit: they do line up exactly, pics coming tomorrow.

They both look very nice and shiny, Made in Germany with 986/987 part numbers and a small part where a part of some cast logo was removed.

I am going to Fastenal today to get some bolts and will try to take some pics tonight.

Steve

Last edited by steved0x; 12-16-2015 at 05:42 PM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote