Thread: Michelin Rocks!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 05:56 AM   #23
jb92563

I have been using the Hankook V12's and had them on the car for 3 years already with a Performance driving school, 3-4 Auto-X's, and 2 years of daily driving and the things still have good tread and great traction.

I was hoping to get rid of them by now so I could go to the next stickier version for better Auto-Xing but they are just lasting far too long.

They handle extremely well in the wet as well as I found out during the Performance driving school as it was a little hard to get the car to spin out on the wet sudsy pavement in the parking lot. The instructor had to pull some hand brake at the opportune moment to get her to spin out.
The 60mph braking and dodging a cone in the wet was far too easy as well...very short stopping distance surprised me and the instructor...impressive.

The V12's are a fantastic daily tire for the dry/wet and I feel they were decent on the track but could benefit from more stickiness.

I like doing high performance takeoffs from a light and I have noticed this year that I'm getting a little slipping in the colder weather and actually even squawked the tires the other day instead of them just hooking up solid and launching the car forward with high G's, so perhaps they are starting to reach end of life.

Anyone have a recommendation for a Auto-X / Daily tire thats stickier than the V12's in the dry?

(Probably should just get another set of rims for Auto-X)
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote