Thread: V8 Conversion
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 11:32 AM   #82
martsink

Sorry for the lack of updates, I’ve been a little busy the last few weeks with jobs interviews. Looks like I will be moving to San Francisco at the end of November to take a dream job with Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, there is no way the Porsche will pass Cali emissions, so it’s staying behind with my roommates. I still have a few things to finish up, and I’m hoping to post a couple more updates.

The doors have been letting in quite a bit of water at the sills, which I'm guessing is due to lack of door membranes. I'm going to pick up some string caulk and plastic sheeting tomorrow and get that fixed. I also got some new door harnesses and passenger locking mechanism (thanks Woody!) that will go in at the same time. Other things on the list are tie rods, seat covers, wheel spacers, random electrical stuff, tach, water temperature sensor, and alternator belt.

The water temperature sensor has been a huge pain in the butt. The parts diagrams all say that I need a two pin connector, but based on wiring diagrams and google images, it looks like I actually need a 4 pin sensor. Two outputs for the ecu, and two for the cluster. I will probably leave this one for my roommates to fix next season once I can get my hands on a proper connector.

I really wanted to get the tach working with an arduino, but I don't have time to deal with the electrical interference I'm getting from the engine. I just picked up a Dakota Digital converter to make my life easier.
martsink is offline   Reply With Quote