View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #20
jdraupp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by compinsating View Post
Wow after all of these replies im thinking i should have bought a performance car lol one i dont have to treat like a grandma fearing to break a hip lolol so keep it under the speed limit so it doesnt out handle my driving abilities, rebuild it so its safer then every other 1998 car and dont do anything to it to make it fun or personalize it. Sounds like porsche builds poopy cars lolol
No, we're just telling you like it is. Owning a Porsche ain't like owning a Vette. The car is designed and engineered the way it is for a reason so that's why you aren't going to do better than the factory unless you're someone like Jake Raby who builds things better than the Germans do. You asked us what to do with 3k. You said you didn't want to blow 17k like your vette. Pretty much every suspension component is going to be worn out on that car by 100k miles. If you want a car that you could care less how it handles and what it rides like, then blow your cash on one of those Lamborghini body kit conversions and then you'll have a Lamborghini.

Or if you really want to dump some money into it and make it a monster, drop a 3.4 liter carrera engine in it and add a supercharger if you really want to give it balls. But you're likely still going to need a suspension refresh if you want the car to handle that power. I know you said this in jest, but you need to be prepared for expenditures if you own an out of warranty German car. They need preventative interval maintenance. No way around it.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote