View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 10:42 AM   #10
husker boxster

But a 2013 will have the 9a1 engine, so no IMS issues.

To the OP. I bought my 2008 Limited Edition S brand new and it has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. Water pumps are a weak pt (even on yours) - mine went out w/ 26K mi but was covered under warranty. The only part that failed was a temp sensor and it was $30 and took me 1/2 an afternoon to fix myself. However, now that she's getting some age on her (almost 8 yrs & 46K mi), she'll need some maintenance - plugs, coil packs, etc. Plus the clutch is getting weak but I'm hoping to nurse it another month and then change it in the spring. That will be around $1700 at the dealer. I have done most of the maintenance myself. My 08 Cayman S Sport has also been very reliable, but I use it for DEs so it can be expected to have a few more things go wrong with it.

As others have said, owning a German car is expensive. If you can do some of the routine maintenance yourself you'll save quite a bit. These cars are not hard to work on.

You might want to look closely at the tires on ea of the cars you're looking at. Mileage varies, but both will be in the range for new ones. That's a $1000 + or - depending on what brand you go with.

Another source for 981 chat is Planet-9. They cater to more newer Porsches.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote