View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
R8 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Welcome! Your Boxster looks outstanding, and congratulations on the profitable sale of the z4!

I am interest in driving impressions as well, but not in terms of the boxster and z4.

How does the gallardo compare to the r8, to my knowledge they are very similar with the same drivetrain and awd system. I could be wrong.

What driving dynamics are different, or is it just badge engineering for a subtle German car and a bonkers Italian car?
Cheers for the question...so this was back in 2008 and they were totally different cars as I had the Superleggera and the R8 when they first came out.

The R8 was so smooth and adsorbed the bumps and the just felt so much smoother through every aspect of the car.

Handling wise the R8 gave more confidence to push as the Lambo was a bit on the wild side and had heaps of rattles with its all Carbon Interior and screamed.

Power wise it was no context as my first R8 only came with a V8.

If I compare my current V10 R8 to the Lambo..wells the R8 is now faster fas its had some mods which pushes it up to close to 600hp.

Similar to the previous one the handling is confidence inspiring and allows you to push closer to the edge than I dared with the Lambo.

Best summary I can give is that the Lambo is wilder,rougher,more uncomfortable but definitely has a real mojo and I have arrived quality that the R8 just misses out on.

The R8 is a better all round car to own..but the Lambo is the thrill ticket by far.

As a side comment I had a Nissan R35 for 14 months in 2011..and I have never driven a car that is so fast and inspires so much confidence to push harder and makes you feel that you are such a good driver.

Here's a pic in the garage of the Lambo on its own and together on the first day I picked up the R8 in 2008.

Lovin the 986 as much though.

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/gazzar8/EUROPE20093RDTRIP2242-1.jpg

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/gazzar8/EUROPE20093RDTRIP2187.jpg
R8 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote