View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 01:40 AM   #1
R8 Pilot

Hi - Another New Member

Hi All

First thanks for having a great community.

A bit of a Story around myself..I have been around nice cars for around the last 10 years and have owned a few nice ones such as a Gallardo,R35 and a few Audi R8's but never a Porsche.

So about 2 months ago on a winters day but with the sun shining I thought what a beautiful day and it would have been perfect to jump in a Convertible at that moment...and so the wheels started turning.

So over the past 2 months I have been looking at Multiple Boxster's and Boxster S models but they all had something that was not quite right in ownership,mechanical shape or wear and tear etc.

I was after a low kmh car but one that had been driven regularly along with 1 owner preferred and a full service history.

Colour or trim was not a huge factor as I just wanted a very clean,well cared and driven car and one that was definitely a Manual as all fun cars have been.

So was looking for weeks and found a nice looking 2003 Boxster S online in another city and was flying the next day to take a look with cash in a suitcase ready to drive it back if it was a good one.

So here the story takes a bit of a turn as the night before I flew out I came across this Z4 as well and to be honest had a bit of a fail moment and thought I had go see this.

So flew down the next day and drove the Boxster S and it felt a bit tired and then I went to see the Z4(manual of course) and just put the money on the table like that and drove it home 1200 miles over 2 days.

Got home on the Sunday and felt pleased as it drove nice and then the next day I opened up the garage door and thought ...no not me.

Drove nice,very low miles as well..but the engine was in the wrong place(at the front)

So immediately posted it Online at the price I bought it for.

2 days later 2 guys turned up at the same time and one took me outside the garage whilst the other guy kept looking and offered me $2000 above asking price.

One of the rare times I actually made good money on a car...quite amazing.

Turned out since he was a child his dream car was a Z4..so it was fantastic to sell him such a nice example.

So I went back straight back to Porsche hunting same week and found the one below that had just come up for sale as a urgency and quite a lot lower than is the going sell price here.

Its was a 2003 MY 03 Boxster Manual that had only 29,000miles,full service history and one owner and driven next to every weekend.

When not being driven it was always locked up in a garage with a car cover protecting it from dust since new.

Roof was immaculate like the rest of the car.

A few options including the on board computer,cruise control and a few other things are nice additions from the factory.

Drove like new(really)and everything checked out so the deal was done expect for the long drive ahead again.

Car drove beautifully except for the standard Stereo system that was so bad we reverted half way on the long trip home to playing music on our Iphone 6 Speaker.

Already booked in for a double din audio upgrade,speakers and amp etc

Pushed it very hard a couple of times through some twisty bits on the drive home and let me tell those that maybe think or aspire to maybe something better and bigger..this thing has a great fun factor and in its own way fills a serious fun drive perfectly.

Here is some pics taken on my Iphone in the seller garage and one on the drive home.

Thanks for any welcomes and apologies for the somewhat long introduction and I hope I can bring some benefit,constructive comment and passion for my new 986 to this forum.

Untitled by r8gazza, on Flickr

Last edited by R8 Pilot; 09-25-2015 at 07:55 AM.
R8 Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote