View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #9
ronlatta
1997 Boxster - 56K miles

Just completed the coolant tank replacement for a 97 Boxster with 58,000 miles. I did a similar process as Truegearhead, except I was able to pull the hoses out into the trunk just enough to reach the clamps with a 45 degree needle nose plier. It would have helped to have an assistant push on the hoses from inside the trunk area. Then I removed the hoses going from the manifold to the tank and cut out the connectors from the plastic manifold (see pics). I used a small hacksaw and an X-ACTO craft saw (pic) to cut the plastic, then sanded down the sharp edges. I did not use or need the cable clamp pliers. Even with the connectors cut, it was still a PITA to attach to hoses coming from engine area - need to pull on hose, insert connector and tighten screw clamp. I used screw type clamps to reattach the hoses to both sides of the connectors. Then I cut the rubber gasket so it would fit around the hoses. Although probably not necessary, I taped the gasket to the body and covered the opening with duct tape.

ronlatta is offline   Reply With Quote