View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #14
Viper10000

I have been thinking more about it and I bought a used strut off eBay to try this again. I am good at following directions as long as there are good directions to follow. Since the only source I have available to me is the video on vertex's website, I was only able to figure out what to do by watching that video. It had occurred to me that I should have probably bent the metal back down on the top of the insert instead of relying on the metal collar to hold everything together. After all, the metal bent down around the insert is how the originals were, right? (Yes, duh...) So, I am going to give this one last shot and see if I can make this work. I picked up a used shock with spring and all for $40 off eBay. All I need is the casing so now I'll have extra parts if needed. (If anyone is in need of a stock spring or other associated parts, let me know as I probably won't need them.). I'll post my results again when I am finished. If all goes well, I'll try to write up a step by step of what I did to make this work, along with a list of tools used. If this doesn't work, then at least we got a learning experience out of it. More to follow in the coming days/weeks.
Viper10000 is offline   Reply With Quote