View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 05:42 PM   #16
911monty

Garage
03 S muffler installed

Well I said I'd follow up so here goes. Thanks to Woody for the brackets and expertise and to Amagalla for the 03 S muffler this mod was easy. Parts came in this morning so put car on ramps and PB blasted the exhaust clamps to soak while I prepped parts. Left bumper cover on and removed old muffler. Getting Clamps loose enough to slide was definitely the hardest part. Bolted on the new bracket from Woody.

Bolted in the new 03 S muffler. New Part fit is perfect and is complete factory look.

Installed all clamps leveled and tightened all hardware. This is the new look.:dance:

Started engine and discovered that there is indeed a difference in sound! The idle is now a nice deep gurgle and has a bit of a bark to about 3000 RPM. No doubt I picked up at least 20 smiles! I am very happy with the sound. And no drone! Now for an unexpected plus. I have had an annoying rattle when traveling over bumpy roads at the 30 mph range. I was beginning to think maybe replacing track arms but I was not convinced this was causing the noise. When I dropped out the old muffler there was clearly something rolling around in there. Sounds like a rock or a nut. Perhaps somebody playing trick on PO? Anyway annoying rattle is gone. Really happy I did this.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote