View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
911monty

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
I looked into this a long time ago for my 1997 and ended up buying a Top Speed twin chamber twin tailpipe muffler and it sounds amazing. If you search the threads here you'll find upgraded clamps that are said to eliminate the cabin drone. Not sure if it will really eliminate it, but if it drops a lot of the drone out of the exhaust you're home free.

The Top Speed unit sounds glorious at wide open throttle. Seriously.

AND, it's half the weight of a factory Porsche muffler and operates a LOT cooler. My factory muffler heated up the back trunk on long trips and my tennis shoe melted into the laces tucked under the bottom of the shoe! The factory ones must be packed with material or baffles and they build up a lot of heat.
HAHA! I think yours was the first thread I found in my search! You were looking for a 2.5 muffler specifically, thread died after mention of Fabspeed sources. I wondered how that turned out...Guess I know now LOL!.
I know what you mean by the stock muffler getting hot, but I understand the internal baffling was changed in 03 for the S with better tone and lighter weight. I may have to go with aftermarket but with Kalifornia laws and such and since I hate drone, I'm thinking I might attempt this mod first, then if no go I may alter course. There was one thread that had an adapter referenced, but that link is no longer active. Thanks for the input on the Top Speed though, gives food for thought.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote