View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #13
insite

list on a new bumper is $660. This means that Suncoast can likely supply it for less than $500 + shipping. it will be flexible polyurethane rather than brittle fiberglass. it will probably cost around $400 to paint.

as another option, you could check local yards for an '03+ bumper that's the right color (usually the rear bumpers are unscathed as most porsche recycler's won't even buy a boxster if it's hit in the rear)

also consider that a pair of pre-painted bolt on diffusers will likely not match quite right from a color perspective. i wouldn't put much stock in these diffusers being 'functional' versus 'cosmetic'; i highly doubt if they were FEA designed and wind tunnel tested. further, they're too small to really make much of a difference even if they were functional.

if you purchased a new bumper, you may be able to sell your old one to recoup some cash. really this boils down to money. in order of cost, here are the best way to go about this:

1. buy a bumper. take it + car to the paint shop so they can match and blend the finish.

2. buy diffusers. take them + car to paint shop so they can match and blend the finish.

3. buy painted diffusers.

4. buy track time.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote