View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
Pominoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Personal preference more than anything. I ran mostly Zimmerman (plain) rotors on my 986 and preferred them over drilled for maximum heat sink in track use. Slotted work well and also I have drilled on the 987.2 Cay which seem fine so far. Only a few track days in the Cayman though so the next set may change.

The other difference is in rotor cast quality. German cast rotors are very uniform and tend to last much longer than the cheapie Chinese knockoffs. They do cost more but tend to wear very evenly and don't have to be changed as often. I think this is more important than rotor style.
Seems like there is a bit of a range of opinions about this. I've put on Zimmerman rotors and Textar pads. Both seem very good so far, and with the possible exception of the look compared to drilled, I'm very happy. Unfortunately the cost of these parts in Australia is stupid, and it was still cheaper to get them from Pelican in the US including the $150 postage, than it is to buy some no name Chinese parts locally. How can that be? I don't know.