View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 05:59 AM   #16
ReallyDirtyThirty

So many threads...

I've had an NA Miata, a '77 Triumph Spitfire, a few E30's, a '95 BMW 540/6 (not mine but I drove it for six months) and I still have my E46 330Ci. The Boxster is by far and away my favorite car that I have ever owned.

Myself and another member of this forum like to muse that what makes the Boxster so special is that it is a pure sports car but it also has an element of romanticism to it. Vehicle dynamics are of course important, but damn if I don't enjoy a sunny day, telling my girlfriend to put on a nice dress, packing a picnic, putting the top down, and taking a nice country drive out of one of the many great wineries we have in Virginia. The Boxster is a perfect car for this, in my opinion. At least for my tastes, the Toyobaru would not inspire me as much as the Boxster to go out and do such things. Also, convertibles are great because you can smoke cigars with the top down and not have your interior smell like Winston Churchill when you're done.

Also with the Boxster you get access the PCA and the many great people and events that come with the ownership of a P-Car.

It all depends on what you want man...
ReallyDirtyThirty is offline   Reply With Quote