View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #1
leftfield6
Yeah, I've done that.

Garage
1999 Boxster, 128K, hardtop, lots of parts - Atlanta

PICS now added below

For sale is a 1999 Porsche Boxster. This is a Tiptronic Arctic Silver Boxster with black power soft top in great shape. Also comes with the factory hardtop, which really transforms the car during cooler weather. I have a clear title in hand.

I currently have it on CL for $7000, but my forum price is $6000 with the hardtop, $5000 without.

The car has 128K on it, it is no garage queen! This is how a Porsche should be treated, it should be driven! It has a few dents and dings but nothing major. A previous owner did have a minor accident that resulted in no airbag deployment and no frame damage. Car drives fine with no pulls or alignment issues.

I have a number of parts and upgrades that I have not installed yet, I just don't have the time to tinker with cars like I used to. I currently have another car project that has been taking what time I do have. Not that this is a project car, it is not. It is a running driving car with the ability to be a daily driver.

EXTERIOR
Couple of dings and on the hood, and a few imperfections on passenger front fender, not a dent really more like someone leaned on the fender and left a little ripple in the sheet metal. All doors, trunks, etc close and open perfectly. Black fabric convertible top is in good shape with no leaks, and the power mechanism works perfectly. Rear bumper has a small tear from me bumping into my trucks trailer hitch when I was moving cars around in my driveway. I was quoted $250 to fix it.

Headlights, tail lights etc all work fine.

INTERIOR
Boxster red leather in pretty good shape, driver's seat has some cracking in the usual spot, but perfectly serviceable. I have some extra Porsche leather that could be used to replace the worn areas if so desired. These were replacement seats from a wrecked Boxster, the original seats were trashed. Carpets are in good shape and have been re-dyed in the Boxster Red. Most Boxsters with the red interior now have pink carpet after it has faded. This one does not. Dash and console are perfect.

MECHANICAL
Previous owner had the transmission rebuilt at around 110K, but he refused to give me the receipts. He was an odd dude. So I can't prove the transmission has been rebuilt, but you can test drive the car and see that transmission works fine.

Engine runs fine with no issues. It is leaking a little oil around the spark plug tubes on the driver's side. I have new tubes and o-rings, and will include them with car. Also have a new set of spark plugs that it would make sense to change while doing the tubes. This is an easy DIY, check youtube.

I also have a new air-oil separator that I was going to install as preventive maintenance. These often fail, and I was ordering other parts, so I went ahead and got the parts to do this job as well. Will include with sale.

WHEELS/TIRES
Original 17 inch wheels with like new front tires, and new rear tires with less than 1K on them. Matching Sumitumos. Wheel have been repainted by someone, not bad, but not perfect either.

SUSPENSION
Rear suspension needs to be freshened, I have all of the parts to do this, control arms, drop links, etc. I drive the car almost every day, so it is okay as is, but you get a creak/groan occasionally.

Front Suspension
Needs tie rod ends, maybe other parts. Haven't looked into the front suspension as much as I have the rear.

Shocks/Springs
Here is a nice bonus. I have a set of OEM struts and Springs from a 2003 Boxster S that were removed from the vehicle after logging only 3000 miles. The owner of the 2003 Boxster upgraded his suspension with a racing suspension, and he sold me these springs and struts for a good deal. There are a perfect swap and will fit perfectly. Will not change ride height, but should have a little stiffer spring rate. Again, I bought these but have just not taken the time to do the work.

ELECTRICAL

5 month old AGM battery. Have dongle attached for trickle charger.

Remote lock/unlock does not work. Key/remote needs to be reset/paired to the car, which requires a Porsche software visit, either the dealer or a German speciality repair shop.

Has been upgraded to a 4 stalk assembly that enables the onboard computer functionality. Works perfectly

OTHER STUFF

I upgraded the stereo to a Becker CD-220 and added an iPhone iSimple cable so that you can stream music using the AUX setting. Door speakers have been upgraded to aftermarket mid-bass speakers in original enclosures.

Have all of the windscreen inserts and the center clear panel.

So there ya go, I list way more stuff than most people do in their ads. No one else has a perfect car either, they just don't tell you about its flaws. This one is not perfect, but I'm not pricing it like it's perfect either, AND I'm including well over $1500 in parts.

Drive it today, upgrade it on the weekends, and in no time it will be worth much more. It is a blast to drive.

Although I don't have a picture of it attached, don't forget that this price includes the original factory hardtop, which sells for over a $1000 by itself on Craigslist. It is hanging on the wall in my garage, thus no pictures.

Last edited by leftfield6; 06-15-2015 at 08:44 AM.
leftfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote