Thread: Hankook Ventus
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 05:15 AM   #13
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah rah 986 View Post
And soon thereafter, it will be time to replace them again. I have never seen tires wear so quickly on a car. I have changed my rear tires three times and never gotten more than 7000 miles...different brand each time.
Is it possible you have too much toe in the back or another type of alignment issue? I got 10,000+ out of my Sumi HTR Z III's in the back, including 2 track days and several Autox events before I took them off, with a good amount of tread still on them (around 2/5 or more left, slightly under half) and replaced with a set of Hankook RS-3 which I got 6,000 street miles and 8-10 track days and about 8 autox events. I could have gotten a couple more track days out of them but they were unsafe for wet driving because they were practically down to slicks at that point so I got a new set. The sumis are back on as my street tires and still going strong. I got over 30,000 out of the fronts.

Some tires do wear very quickly in the back especially, and if the rear alignment is out they can scrub like crazy and wear super fast. Possibly that may help to get some more life out of the backs for you?

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote