Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
wheelman

Question Help!

OK, so I had to make a quick trip down to the local autoparts store last night, to pick up a couple headlight bulbs for one of the other cars I own, it was a nice night so I took the boxster out. Well I got downtown, and got what I needed. And all of a sudden on the way back, I notice the cabin is dark. So I naturally think "crap, headlights" but they were already on. I look around the cabin, and every light that should be lit, is off. The gauge cluster was dark, the radio buttons and climate control buttons were dark, everything. The only things lit were the LED gauges displaying speed, and temp, etc. and the climate control display. Everything else was dark. But the radio still functioned, as do all the analog gauges. Turn signals work, four ways, fog lights, everything works. Except all the back lighting in the cabin. Any one have any idea why? I really need to get this fixed fast and I'd prefer not to pay the local Porsche dealership $100/hr to prod around, I already know from experience that the mechanic at the local dealership isn't the brightest bulb on the string. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote