View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 AM   #26
Luv2Box

Garage
I have to say I'm stunned that you have a Porsche trained mechanic that did all that work for only $2200. I also have a Tip and over three years ago paid $1,800 to have the LN IMS replacement and updated RMS installed and that was a bargain price back then. Your mechanic needs to franchise and open shops nationally at those prices he would have a huge following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRickel View Post
I have a Tiptronic so it was easier to pull the whole motor and trans. I had my Indy mechanic do everything he could while it was out to make the car more reliable. My car is a 1997 with only 40K miles on it but it is 18 years old. I had him replace the IMSB with the EPS solution, which was not too much money for the kit. He is the one who suggested the EPS. He is from Germany and is factory trained and worked for Brumos Porsche for 26 years as their lead mechanic and had his hands in every engine that went out of their dealership, including their race cars. I had researched most every option available for the IMS and the EPS solution seemed the best. I also had him replace the water pump (starting to get play in it), the front motor mount, plugs and plug tubes, air/oil separator (a known problem part that will suck oil thru your engine if it goes bad), fuel and air filter, every rubber hose in the engine compartment. I spent about $2200 on the whole thing but have put over 5k miles on it since then. I run it hard and have had no problems.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote