View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

My First Electric Car Test Drive

My wife wants a "green" car (she has a BMW E46 325i right now) so we went out and test drove a Ford Focus Electric today. 101 MPGe, 3.5 hour charge time, 76 mile range. This is a pure electric with no gas engine whatsoever.

It was a very nice car and drove and handled much more like a European car than I expected from a Ford.

The ride quality was about the same as a base Boxster and the handling was decent. The power and performance (0-60mph in 9 sec) was good and more than enough for my wife who drives ..... let's just say, carefully.

The interior was surprisingly nice for a base model and the only thing that my wife would want beyond the base model is leather seats which we can have done on the aftermarket.

Her drive is 60 miles max one way and she has access to company Level 2 chargers at her work so range shouldn't be an issue for her daily use. For long trips, we have another BMW or my 996.

I have never been a big fan of all electric cars and am surprised that I may end up with one in the driveway soon. At the same time, I haven't seen my wife this excited about a car since.... well, never.

Let me know your thoughts!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 04-18-2015 at 09:39 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote