Thread: AutoTop DIY
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #80
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinster View Post
I have just bought all the components needed for this project and I am about to dig out my trusty old soldering iron to get things started.

I was just wondering if anyone has thought of any other Boxster related projects that the Arduino could handle - seems a bit of a waste to let such a powerful computer to just do the top switch.

What about things like curtesy headlights (headlights stay on for say 20sec at night after switching off) or auto-closing windows on arming (I already have a module to handle that, but conceivably the Arduino could handle it instead). Can anyone think of other "comfort" features that we can put the Arduino to work for?
I actually used an EZ430 (thumbnail sized microprocessor) to illuminate the projectors "Dragon Eyes" breathing pattern red glow that I want activated when the security system is armed.

https://youtu.be/y07LMs5-zFA

We could add that to the Arduinos task list.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote